Starting Ananda Info Links
This is our beginning informational resource page on the Ananda Property. Many thanks to Erick and Autumn Hoganson - they're the ones whom have done the legwork to locate the site, begin the plan, and collect the information. Thanks for hope, guys!
Original Ananda webpage (good for potential donors/founders/investors):
- 205 +/- acres zoned AF-5
- Includes 49 Acre Campus with 6+ Buildings totaling approx. 130,000 SF:
- Expansion Hall- Administration Building with Auditorium, Classrooms and Offices
- Harmony Hall- Girl's dorm with 67 rooms, 7 offices, lounge, chapel, commercial kitchen, dining room, bath suites, etc. and attached 3-bedroom Dean's house
- Devotion Hall- Boy's dorm with 49 rooms (19 rooms need sheetrock finished and painted), apartment with kitchen, bath suites, rec room, lounges, etc. and attached 5-bedroom Dean's house
- Gymnasium/Music Building with Stage
- Science Classroom Building with Library
- Industrial Arts Building with Auto Shop, Wood Shop and Welding Shop
- Extensive Updates Include:
- Administration Building has new metal roof, updated windows, new insulation, remodeled auditorium and meeting rooms, new HVAC, electrical service and lighting
- New windows, high efficiency hot water system, new HVAC, new kitchen appliances and walk-in refrigerator, insulation, paint, lighting and carpeting in Harmony Hall (Girl's dorm)
- New windows, insulation in 49 rooms plus new sheetrock in 30 rooms of Devotion Hall (Boy's dorm)
- New and repaired roofs and new electrical services
- Domestic water system and sewage system for campus
- Includes separate 4.69 acres (Tax Lot 1301) with Spring and water rights- domestic water source for campus
- Adjacent 151 +/- acres well suited for low density residential development with 30 LA water co-op certificates
- Vineyard soils & Beautiful Views
- South Fork Hill Creek flows through property
- Rural location approximately 14 miles south of Hillsboro near Gaston
- Washington County
- Tax Lots 2400 & 1532, Sec 5, Tax Lots 400, 2400 & 2500, Sec 5c and Tax Lot 1301, Sec 16, T2S, R3W, W.M.
Add more info to this thread as you find it!
Adding some info from Sparr here:
The asking price is high. I opened with an offer at $3M and they suggested I "sweeten the deal". I think a realistic price might be around $4M. Their neglect of the science and boiler buildings (and others, to a much lesser degree) is lowering the value of the property by the day. I told them then, and it remains true, that if they just put a tarp over the buildings with leaky roofs they would eliminate tens of thousands of dollars per year in additional ongoing damage. It's possible that the value of the 50 acre campus is approaching zero in the commercial real estate space, while the value of the unimproved land that could be subdivided is probably still increasing.